RE caliper

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE caliper
From: "Bill Lawrence" <billlawrence@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:23:43 +0000
Hello Tiger List,

It appears my 65 Tiger passenger side brake caliper is not releasing.J
Currently the disc is locked to the pads and is extremely hot.

A little history.J The set up is a stock master cylinder without booster,
stock calipers, pads, rotors.J Same thing happened previously and I thought
the bearing had seized. I replaced all front bearings repacked and adjusted
per spec.J Same failure occured.J Caliper released disc after a few hours of
rest.

Re-bled system before today's test drive and everything was fine through 3
miles of stop and go city traffic when there was a progessive pull to the
right andJ then a squealing sound.J Wheel felt hot to the touch.J Smoke.J
Only the front passenger wheel is affected.

Would anyone have an idea of a course of further action.J I am assuming the
caliper is not returning to it's normal posiiton because the piston (s) are
damaged/obstructed or perhaps the master cylinder or connecting lines are
suspect.J Any thoughts on troubleshooting this one before I start digging in
and ordering parts?

Thanks,
Bill Lawrence
Ft. Lauderdale