RE Calipers follow up

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE Calipers follow up
From: "Bill Lawrence" <billlawrence@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 15:05:26 +0000
Tigerers,

First of all I want to express my appreciation to all who have provided
guidance on my caliper project.

I have pulled both calipers and found one fully functioning "piston".  After
seeing the scary condition of the braking system I highly recommend
following the recommended service intervals for bleeding/replacing brake
fluid.  All four pistons showed signs of surface corrosion.   Caliper bores
were less damaged and cleaned up nicely with a little elbow grease.
Actually found a local source who had few packets of red rubber grease (Try
the local range rover service counter).

Question:  Has anyone tried the speed bleeder product?  I have heard good
things about them from the 510 community.  Would like to try them on my
Tiger (no personal interest in the company).  Here is their website.

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Does anyone know the stock bleeder fitting thread size/pitch?

thanks and regards,
Bill Lawrence