Re: Red Rubber Grease (HELP)

To: Rich Atherton <aka.gumby@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Red Rubber Grease (HELP)
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:13:20 -0700
What I found is don't load up grease where it's exposed to the brake
fluid. Just a thin coat on the cylinder and the cups. The fluid will
dissolve the grease and it will be flushed out the bleeder valve. You
want to get it flushed out until the fluid is clean. If I don't do that,
I notice that the peddle is a little soft until the red tinted fluid
starts to run clear. However, it's beneficial to built up a little more
grease on the backside of the metal piston to help seal out moisture.
Jan Servaites