Re: Steering Wheel Help

To: jcsaturn@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Help
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:11:27 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/2003 8:53:23 PM Central Standard Time,
jcsaturn@yahoo.com writes:
www.geocities.com/jcsaturn/sunbeam/column.html
>From what I can see the jpg.  It looks like the adjusting sleeve has
fallen back into the column.  You have to address that  problem to make the
adjustable column work.  Undo the nut you see.  I believe it's 1 inch.  Then
wobble the steering wheel assembly off the splined shaft.  The wire if for
the horn and will go into the hole .  The wire stays behind.  I have always
removed the assembly with the steering wheel attached.  The arms gives
you something to grab as you work the column off.  A little anti-sieze will
do wonders when you reassemble.

Now that you at this point, read TigersUnited for tips on rebuildiing the
column.  I believe there is a lister doing this for a reasonable price.  I
understand it makes a world of difference in steering effort.

Dave Johnson, stuck in Decatur, IL with the Tiger 180 mi north.