Throttle Cable

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Throttle Cable
From: "Sencindiver James D (Jim) NSSC" <SencindiverJD@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:05:53 -0400
Tiger List,

        Last weekend I broke my Tiger's throttle cable.  Luckily, I was only
10 blocks from home and was able to jury rig the cable with a small pair of
vise-grips to get back home.  I ordered a replacement cable from Classic
Sunbeam, and it does not resemble what a DPO rigged, apparently using
bicycle shifter/handbrake cable.  I would like to return to the stock
configuration, but I'm in the dark regarding how to hook it up.  If someone
would email me a couple of photos of their setup (concentrating on the carb
and gas pedal connections), or direct me to a site that has the info, I'd
greatly appreciate it.

        It could have been worse:  My wife and I were up at the TE/AE United
a couple of weeks ago, and it could have broken on that trip.  The throttle
stop was not an issue; I'd checked that a while back, and the stop was
engaged just as the carb butterflies went full open.

Thanks in advance, and Keep on Tigering!

Jim Sencindiver, IWS1E
Combat Systems Engineer
Battle Force Tactical Training
and Total Ship Training System