RE: What we are

To: <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What we are
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 23:37:24 -0800
Jeff, Listers,

My apologies to anyone who might have misunderstood my sarcasm, which was
directed only at those people who have published misleading articles 'out
there' on the Web and not at anyone on the List. I will, however, continue
to try to contribute what I believe to be correct information to the List,
although I know at the risk of stirring up controversy. Personally, I like a
good argument now and then and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment
here. I believe we have built a somewhat contentious tradition on this List
that may occasionally ruffle some feathers. However, the benefit has been
that there are probably few other lists around that exhibit such a high
collective expertise over such a wide range of disciplines. As Bette Davis
said, "Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

Bob Palmer
rpalmer@ucsd.edu
rpalmerbob@adelphia.net