RE: Damn Brake Light Switch

To: alpines@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Damn Brake Light Switch
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:58:15 -0800
Some have asked, so I ran down to the garage and got the box.  It is by
Intermotor, Nottingham, England, part number SPB401-AM  or also 51610, but
probably the SPB number.  It is in a blue and yellow box.  I'm now on my
third one (which replaced one that has been in there for probably over 25
years as I don't remember ever replacing it to begin with - maybe my dad
remembers putting one in 25 years ago when we first got the car.  But,
even if he does remember, it still only means that it lasted for a long
long time).

It was my intent to simply get a new one to last until I could fabricate a
bracket, which I still plan on doing.  But, when he told me the Lucas one
has had no complaints, I thought I'd just give that a shot with no
fabrication.  I have some ideas about a bracket.  But, it will take some
time to do it right so that it will position the switch in the right place
and still be strong enough not to weaken and twist from the constant on
and off pressure (which I know will not be that strong of pressure.  But,
enough to have to make sure it is right).

Jay

----- Forwarded by Jay Laifman/Attorney/Legal/CF/CCI on 11/12/2003 01:47
PM -----

Jay Laifman