RE: Tach Question

To: Jen/Scott <jsloan798@earthlink.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tach Question
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:30:04 -0700
The dual points should give an overlapping signal to the coil, i.e. the
trailing points close before the leading points open, so it will look to
the coil like you've just energized it for a longer period of time.

The original tach electronics typically fail because the capacitors
crack and the transistors can be damaged due to voltage transients on
the electrical system.  You can get a module that replaces the function
of the original tach electronics, either from myself or Tom Hall, or you
can send your tach in to get the module installed and calibrated. The
module was actually designed to allow direct connection of the tach to
MSD type ignitions, but it can also be connected just like the stock
tach.

http://members.shaw.ca/tsmit/tachmod/tachmod0.html

Email me or Tom if you have any questions.

Theo