Re: Mystery Part Rescued From the Landfill

To: Al Johnson <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Mystery Part Rescued From the Landfill
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:52:34 -0800
Dear Al,

Still the pack rat.  You obviously have the special Rootes HOOKAH
(6783443-2), copied from the original design from British India.

This is the special Racing / Rally Hookah that is used by the factory
teams before events.  You are missing the water bottle / hashish holder
that fits on the 1/2 inch tube end, through a cast Girling adapter,, and
the individual mouth tubes for team members that were plugged into the
six holes.  This is for the driver / navigator teams for three car
entries, or 6 single driver race participants.  The teams sit in close
proximity, and camaraderie, inhaling the invigorating media to prepare
for crossing the ice covered Alps roads at unbelievable speed.  Can't do
that when you are straight!

The grommet pass-thru's are to hold posters of previous winners to
encourage greater effort on the current participants, and to separate
participants from any "hanky-panky".

Surprised you are unfamiliar with this practice.

Note, this is a Rootes Factory Racing part, and was NOT available as a
LAT option due to SCCA rules, and State laws, prohibiting driving under
the influence.  Such niceties of overbearing regulation never stopped
the intrepid European drivers.

Happy New Year, and don't smoke it all alone.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman