Re: Desktop Smiths Clock

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Desktop Smiths Clock
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:13:41 -0800
Mark,

I had a non-working clock face installed on a center post time adjust
VDO clock of original diameter, with chrome bezel.  Decals of original
faces are available at instrument rebuilders.  Name of mine on request.

While this looks fairly original, a close look by a knowledgeable
enthusiast will reveal the differences.  This larger size VDO is no
longer in production, but oldr stock, or used original car clocks may be
available.  Quartz movement, 12V negative ground, very accurate.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman