Overflowing carb on Tiger

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overflowing carb on Tiger
From: Todd Gifford <tgifford@dee-inc.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:16:12 -0600
I have an original 260 with the original 2 barrel carb.
In the past couple of weeks, the carb is overflowing before starting the
engine.  Engine will start fine, but carb is overflowing fuel out the air
vent on top of the bowl.
I am thinking it is a stuck carb float, poorly seating needle valve, or a
sinking float that is full of fuel possibly, or all of the above.
Are these the most likely potential problems?
Is this a difficult repair to do with carb on the engine?
Any ideas or info is appreciated, before I start taking things apart.
Thanks
Todd Gifford
B9471992 LRXFE