RE: Overflowing carb on Tiger

To: "'Todd Gifford'" <tgifford@dee-inc.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overflowing carb on Tiger
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:59:33 -0500
Yes, you are on the right track, it could be one or a combination of
those.  You could get the top off and fiddle some stuff on the car, but
it's just as easy to remove it completely and do a thorough job.  If it
hasn't been open for a while, it probably needs a good cleaning, either
by a spray can of gumout through all the passages, of by a dip in
cleaner.  You can get rebuild kits with all the parts you need.  Don't
forget to replace the accelerator pump diaphragm, which will certainly
fail on you someday (I have first hand knowledge there).  I did mine a
couple years back, having never done a carb before, and it worked out
fine.

Stu