Re: Rear axle hop

To: Douglas Leithauser <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Rear axle hop
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:57:53 -0800
Doug,

Traction Masters is still in business, and still makes the weld-on and
bolt-on LAT models they made when LAT issued.  The link is on
TigersUnited.com, under "Rootes Resources" / "L.A.T. & Dlr. Opt.
Catalog" by the LAT numbers (5 and 6)

http://www.tigersunited.com/parts_service/lat.asp

, and they can be reached at (213) 382-1131. Chuck is familiar with the
product and the TIGER.

These Traction Bars add a strut between the axle and the forward
chassis, and take the axle wrap out through the bar.  On the other hand,
they also effectively eliminate half the leaf spring, making the ride
stiffer.

While not a LAT option, for the concourse participant, Dan Walters
torque arm has nothing but rave reviews from the users.  Dan makes these
to order, and I am (unfortunately) still sitting on his article.
However, he can be reached at spmdr@juno.com

Good luck,

Steve

--