RE: Tires again

To: "'Harry B. Elam'" <harryb@elams.org>,
Subject: RE: Tires again
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:57:32 -0500
Hi Harry:

I now have Western "Minilite Clones" on my Tiger now, 5.5 inch, same as
the LATs.  Performance oriented Continental 195/70's came with the
wheels, and they made a huge difference from the stock type tires and
wheels.  The ride was much harsher and the steering effort was
considerably higher.  So when I replaced them this summer, I went for
185/70 Uniroyal Tiger Paws (ha!) passenger car tires. The harshness is
reduced, and the steering effort seems lower.  These are clearly NOT the
tires you would want for autocrossing or time trials, but, but they are
still 500% better than the stock type bias plies.  I think I can feel
that the slip angles for these are higher, so that should better protect
the fulcrum pins, too.

Stu