Side mouldings

To: Tigers Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side mouldings
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 12:17:03 -0500
As Steve Laifman pointed out, if other cars were the same as mine, the
original mouldings used mostly what looked on my car like a rivet
welded(I'm guessing here about welding) with a raised head that most of
the mouldings slide through. As Steve said, the rear most fastener is
square and bolts to the 1/4 panel behind each gas tank. In my case the
mouldings and raised rivets were still there on all of the right side,
but only on the left door and the rear of the left fender, as it was
crunched a little on top of the wheel opening, and the left 1/4 panel
had been replaced with one from an Alpine V.

Fortunately, all of the mouldings that were on the car came off intact,
and the p.o included some NOS mouldings in Chrysler packages when I
bought the car. When I had my car repainted several years ago, one of my
buddies in Rhode Island gave the painter a template to use to drill
holes before he painted my car. That way the SS white clips can be used.

One thing I recommend is while your car is being painted, make sure the
painter supplies you with a little extra paint to touch up the holes
where the clips and Tiger script go. Sometimes the paint chips away
around the hole when the clips are inserted.

Rande Bellman
B382000048LRXFE