RE: Wheels and tires

To: "Brad Huff" <huffb@avalon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheels and tires
From: "Robin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:50:13 -0500
Brad wrote:

 I am considering the panasport wheels
but I'm not sure what size. I have mentioned the 16" size to a few of my
friends and they didn't particularly like the "west coast" look.

Brad,
I have the 16"x7" Panasports and like them for looks on two dimensions.
First, with 205-45 tires, they are the right diameter. Second, because they
will fit around the front brakes and suspension, they can be mounted with
less offset than any other rim size. Coupled with more offset on the rear,
the track of the front and rear becomes the same without any fender flare.
It is possible to increase the rear tires to 225-45 without interferance.

Besides appearance, there is a great selection of tires available for these
rims.

BTW, I waited almost five months for these to be available. To my knowledge,
only about twenty sets are made at the time and the production cycle is
quite lenghty when the supply runs out.

Robin Young B9471769