Re: radiator hoses

To: lesmcclelland@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: radiator hoses
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:56:52 EST
It doesn't have to be as hard as mail order, etc.  When I first got my car, I
pulled the old hoses.  That included one replaced with a fitsall bendable
house (a terrible idea for cooling).  With the shapes in hand, I went down to
the
local AutoZone where they let me walk around the hose section.  In five
minutes I had matched up the historic bad hoses with "portions" of other hoses
in
stock.  I bought the oversize stock non-Tiger hoses, cut off the excess, and
was done.  All heater hose, bent hose at firewall, and top, top, and bottom on
radiator for less than $35.00.

I learned this trick on my long gone (dead) Jaguar XJS.  The full replacement
hoses at the Jaguar dealer were $413.00.  (One stupid double bend 3/4 x 9"
section of heater hose was $42.00 by itself).   AutoZone set me back $56.00.

Bob Nersesian
B382000975