Re: Dashboard knee roll

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dashboard knee roll
From: Bob Melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:28:23 -0500
Sorry list, a half of conversation does not mean much.   Since the
"legal department" made this public, here are my comments skipping the
original question:

the knee roll is secured by 5 bolts: one on each end and 3 around the
steering column.  Also there are 2 studs on the knee roll that are
parallel to the floor and spaced about 15" apart  in the center. Check
under the ignition and panel switches

Long thin strong fingers.  I spent a lot of time on my back under the
dash. I don't have long thin fingers.

Brits used a bubble flare.  Different from the US but I have been able
to get them without a problem at local stores.

>>Wow, thanks very much.  It must be theses parallell studs I'm missing, and I
still don't get it from the description.  I will look very hard when I get
home tonight.

Concerning the long thin fingers....DANG.  I'm 5'7"; 250.  Imagine these
stubs.

Bob (N)

 >>Just run those ham-fisted paws on the back of the dash just above the
knee roll. You will find 2 nuts, one below the panel switch and the
other close to the ignition switch.

NOW. just because I offered this advice it does not imply that I am
offering free labor or free future consultation... ;-))

Bob (melusky)