RE: Allignment guages

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Allignment guages
From: "Stephen Jones" <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:07:04 -0700
I have the Longacre gauge with the screw in adapter and also the Dunlop
adapter.  They seem to be well made.  I followed Larry's write up (on
the TU site) on setting the alignment plus read as much as I could from
books and other sources.  I feel pretty good about how it turned out.  I
like that the Longacre is a bubble and not some digital thing that will
crap out in a month or so.  The Dunlop adapter is great as a final check
as you just put it right there on the wheel and don't have to mess with
the jam nuts and such.

I really enjoyed doing it myself.  We don't have a lot of good shops out
here in Eastern Washington and I just couldn't see having some dipshit
kid try to align my Tiger.

steve, B9470867

>Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 23:00:57 EDT

>From: CoolVT@aol.com

>Subject: Allignment guages

>Is anyone familiar with any of the portable wheel alignment machines?
I have

>some information on the Longacre and the SmartCamber machines.  Has
anyone

>had experience with either of these two and are there any new ones out
there