Yokohama

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yokohama
From: "Lawrence Wright" <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:03:59 -0400
Theodore Brown wrote:
>The recommendation for the ES100's is
>good if you want maximum performance.

Just my $.02, but I've been running an all-Yokohama household for some years
now, and IMHO the ES100 is a step down in grip from the old AVSi in cornering,
not so sure about braking. Interestingly enough, the ES100 is weakest under
acceleration, those on my near-stock Miata break loose a wee bit in the dry
and alarmingly in the wet pulling away from a stop (this could be a bigger
issue on a Tiger). OTOH, they are an excellent value.

Yeah, Tire Rack lists few choices anymore in 13's, or at least in 205/60-13
which is what I use. Perhaps some tires are available because Tire Rack does
not list or carry them but could special-order; it might be worth asking. A
few years ago I got an e-mail reply from Yokohama stating that they intended
to stay in the high-performance 13" market due to the popularity of cars like
the Fiat X1/9 in autocrossing. Hmmm.

Who knows? In a couple of years we'll have to buy tires from a classic-car
source like Coker Tire!

Lawrence R. Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"