Re: pcv connection (beating a dead horse?)

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: pcv connection (beating a dead horse?)
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:48:25 -0700
Well, beating a dead horse isn't quite my intention.  The point that was
made recenty about tapping into an intake runner causing a lean
condition and then Steve L's mentioning that Doane and Edelbrock had
actually used the front runner for the PCV connection on the Tiger got
me curious--so I wrote the Edelbrock tech department and, explaining
that I have a '66 Tiger,  asked them both of the above questions.

I thought I'd pass on their response to you all.  The first part deals
with my question about the PCV connection, the second was with regards
to Steve's input about how Edelbrock and Doane handled the F4B factory
and Dealer kit installations :

>The recommended location is on the front of our carbs (using the large port
>in the middle). We do not recommend using the runner as that will both lean
>out that cylinder and it may also create more "crud" (for lack of a better
>word) in that cylinder.
>
>I do not have any data or info. on the F4B, that intake was discontinued
>over 20 years ago.

I was  hoping that Edelbrock might have kept some records on what they
did back in the day and why they did it, but I guess not. :-(

Anyway, I don't know if this adds to or detracts from the pool of
abstract knowledge--or just makes waves. "-)

Best Regards

David Sosna