Re: Storage of Batteries

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Storage of Batteries
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 09:21:00 EDT
On the subject of batteries,

You can add longevity to most "maintence-free" wet batteries by prying the
caps off and adding distilled water, even though the labels say not to. I do
this at the start of winter when I hook up the battery chargers and again in
the
spring when I get the cars out. If a battery starts using a lot of water,
either the charging voltage is too high or the battery is about to go.

                          John Logan