Re: Word of Warning

To: sunbeamtiger@Prodigy.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Word of Warning
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 19:32:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/26/2004 3:59:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sunbeamtiger@Prodigy.net writes:
My advice to everyone is to check the lug nuts
on your wheels TODAY.

Great advice. It should be part of the "pre flight" whether it's an
autocross, open track or Sunday drive in a Tiger.
A number of years ago (I think it was '94), I ran the autocross at Sunbeams
Northwest in Medford, OR. After my runs, I was feeling good (ran TToD) and
decided to take a more interesting route back to the hotel. Accelerating away
from
a light, the back end felt "wonky"...three out of four lug nuts were missing
on the driver's rear wheel! I hate to think what could have happened,
particularly if it was during an autocross run...it could've been very ugly.
Since
then, keeping in the habit of checking lug nuts hasn't been too hard.
Mike Wood