Re: Word of Warning

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Word of Warning
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:43:12 -0600
Judging by the amount of road rash on the bottom of the right-front
lower control arm, the twist in the upper control arm, and the ugly
repair to the upper crossmember tower on that side, something like that
DID happen to my Tiger at the hands of a previous owner.

Another note: We bought a travel trailer last year, and they sternly
recommend that you retorque the lugnuts every 200 miles or every trip,
because the tandem rear axles cause considerable side forces on the
wheels whenever you go through a turn, and that causes the lugnuts to
loosen (and they definitely do require tweaking frequently). Driving the
car hard causes similar side forces on the wheels, and therefore should
require the same amount of maintenance.

Best regards,
Theo