Re: Torque for Fulcrum Pin Nut?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque for Fulcrum Pin Nut?
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:26:01 -0700
Mark,
  I'll reply to the list in general because I may need to be corrected, but:
I recall someone stating it was 65 ft lb.'s a while back. At least in John
Logan's fulcrim pin (see the Tigers United site) he makes that states the 65
ft lb.'s as the torque setting for both the fulcrim pin nuts and the bolts
in his support configuration.
 If you are using the stock rubber bushings then it is important to have the
car correctly weighted before tightening the nuts. The reason is that these
type of bushings flex as opposed to rotating in their housings which the
newer poly?? type do. If you tighten them before the car is in it's normal
stance (with typical weight) then they will likely be fully flexed in one
direction and there have been instances where the car would not even reach
correct ride hight.
Tom Witt