Re: Here We Go Again

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Here We Go Again
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:54:40 -0700
Steve,
 How sensitive the Pertronix is to a wobbling distributor I don't know (it
can't help timing accuracy), but usually the advance weights have two
different spring tensions. Between idle and full advance they "might" be
causing an elliptical wobbling rotation. Even if this isn't the cause of
your problem it likely will be the cause of another at sometime. Perhaps now
isn't the time to replace it, but it should at least be considered for the
future.
 I would say to do as BobPalmer suggested and hotwire the ignition and see
if it goes away. Have you checked the carb. for fuel spilling (percolation,
or too high a float level). If it seems to occur on hot(er) days.... . Or,
when it stalls at idle is there fuel in the bowls? If it readly restarts I
doubt that the fuel pump is weak at idle (unless you have a double pumper
and mechanical secondaries that are allowing the car to restart).
Tom Witt