RE: Here We Go Again

To: "'Steve Sage'" <ssage@socal.rr.com>, <TIGERS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Here We Go Again
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:29:04 -0400
Steve
        This definitely sounds like an electrical problem.   Check all the
wires and connectors for the ignition for good contact and no chaffed wires
that might be shorting to ground.    Be sure to check the blue/white wire
that goes to the starter solenoid for good connection.    The ignition
switch might be the problem(?).   You might want to temporarily disconnect
the Tach to see if it is the cause.  The distributor assembly has to ground
through the hold down plate and the bolt to the engine and the engine
through the ground strap to chassis ground, be sure this is a good
connection to ground.

        The distributor wobble should not be a factor, they all wobble some,
but never rule it out until you are absolutely sure it is not causing a
problem.   Usually it's the bushings in the distributor that wear.  There
are 2 bushings in the distributor; B8QH-12120-A is the major bushing and is
still available from Ford in a box with 4 pieces.   I have seen 2 types of
lower bushings; one is the same material and OD as the B8QH bushing, you
just need to machine one of the B8QH parts to length.  The other type was a
rolled sheet of perforated bushing material.

        This does not seem to be a fuel problem but check your carb bowls
the next time it stalls to be sure.

May the force be with to cure these hiccups. :)

Ron Fraser