Suni or bust??

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Suni or bust??
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 01:24:24 -0700
If anybody's still around to listen......
    Late Saturday night and we're due to leave tomorrow night (Sun.) around 10
or 11.  I figure the car might make about 100 miles from Reno, if we're lucky,
before one of a laundry list of expected maladies gives us the opportunity to
sleep in the desert.  Actually, considering that, I guess we'd be really lucky
if we only made 10.  Most of the stoppers are relatively benign from a safety
standpoint (if you discount scorpions and rattlers), but my buddy (it's his
car) mentioned tonight that the new rear brake cylinders he mounted aren't
with benefit of spring plate or retainer.
    The shadetree mechanic that helped him do this told him that the shoes
were stabilized enough that it shouldn't be a problem.  Since the emergency
brake isn't too helpful either (yet......Midnight Auto Repair may still be a
possibility), I thought I'd ask the list if running this way is precarious.
The brakes work O.K. (says my buddy.....I've yet to ride in it, hence my
trepidation), but considering that traffic may be heavy, I'd like to know if
we should deal with this....?

                   Chris Hill