Re: Water pump

To: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water pump
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:26:16 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 4:50 PM
Subject: Water pump

> My water pump started dribbling on the way over to the show at Tango
> today.   It was fine when Ieft, but the tell tale path of moisture was
> sprayed on the hood and sides of the engine compartment when I got
> there.  I put the last pump in, less than 10K miles ago, but that was a
> few years back.. OK, it was 1978.
>

> Anyway, my plan is to get a pump from Rick at SS, which should have the
> proper hub modification and the proper cast curvy impeller, not the
> cheap impeller some rebuilders use.  Can someone confirm that this is
> the case?

I bought a water pump from Edelbrock.
I had to press the hub on further to get it to line up with the old on.
Then I made a 1inch OD 5/8 ID spacer. I slipped that over the shaft and
installed my pulleys and fan.
That pump works a treat.  It nuked the overheating problems I was having.
One look at the impeller tells you that it is designed to move a whole lot
more water than a stocker.

Erich