RE: right angle oil filter adapter installation

To: "'joe brackin'" <joebrackin@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: right angle oil filter adapter installation
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:59:42 -0400
Joe,

Look at this link on TigersUnited for installation. If you have trouble
finding adapter let me know I have a spare.

http://www.tigersunited.com/parts_service/Dealer_Accessories/mp-FilterAd
apter2.asp

Jim

Well, I finally got tired of oil hoses that leak and make a mess,
decided to
purchase the Ford SVO right angle oil filter adapter. I decided to
install
this weekend, removed the old original remote setup, no problem. Removal
of
the old remote fitting on the side of the block leaves a female 1"
diameter
"hole". However, the right angle adapter(M6880a50) is looking for a 3/4
inch
male nipple, not a 1" dia female.
I suspect the adapter is expecting a standard oil filter nipple to be on
the
side of the block.
So, where do I get a fitting to screw into the block 1" female and leave
the
3/4 oil filter type nipple exposed?  So far, none of the local Ford
dealers
have the part, or any way to even look up the part number. Anybody who
has
made this conversion had the same issue?