Re: Caliper seals

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Caliper seals
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:41:10 -0700
Regarding the availability of the caliper seals, I sure was in the dark
about their availability. I did a "list" search but only found the
"Cut/Paste" below. Hence, I thought that what is stated below (especially
the last sentence) was the current situation. I hate to think I just crawled
out from under a rock, but then again I've been crawling out from under my
Tiger for four and a half years now so I was likely bound to miss something!
I just hate the fact I didn't replace mine last year when I did my brakes
just because I didn't know they were available.

>>>DL:This has been an "interesting characteristic" of Brit brake calipers,
they claim that you should not split them as this allows them to save 3
cents in each caliper rebuild kit by not supplying the square cut o-ring
that seals the caliper halves. Best of luck on this one, I don't know of a
source for the leaking seal, but if you find one old Brit car owners
everywhere will love you.<<<

Regards, Tom Witt