RE: Caliper seals

To: "'Tom Witt'" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Caliper seals
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:56:39 -0600
Since Girling calipers are also used on various older Volvo cars, the square
caliper-half seals are usually available from Volvo dealers or those who
stock Volvo rebuild parts. At least, they were when we used to put spacers
in the Volvo caliper halves (along with redrilling the internals to un-split
the hydraulic systems) to fit vented rotors on our low-budget roadrace cars
in the early 90's. Doug Jennings had a few modified Tiger calipers and
vented rotors (dunno from what) on display at SUNI, so this technique ain't
dead yet. Talk to Doug for details.

Best regards,
Theo