Tire sealers

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire sealers
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:08:45 -0400
My daughter will be taking one of our spare cars back to college this
fall.  This car has always had a tire leak problem.  Every couple weeks
we find two of the tires down 4-5 pounds.  Here, I have a compressor, so
it's no big deal for me to keep the pressures up.  She will be an hour
and a half away, so that's not so easy.  And you should have seen the
expression on her face when I offered to buy here a bicycle pump.

The bubble test finds nothing, no punctures or damage obvious.  And the
tires still have a lot of life left, so I'd hate to toss them now.  It
has the stock Ford alloy wheels, so porosity is not out of the question.

Down at Wal-Mart I saw a bottle of some sort of yellow tire sealer
liquid.  Has anyone had any experience with this type of stuff, good or
bad?  Might something like this solve the problem?  Does the liquid
effect balance?

Stu