RE: engine stall

To: "'RCS'" <rcsredtiger@qwest.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: engine stall
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:30:31 -0400
        IMO any flakes are too many.   The flakes mean the paint inside the
tanks and tubes is coming loose.   Flakes mean there is contamination
through out the fuel system which will sooner or later leave you stranded
somewhere.   Flakes can gather at the feed tube inlet, at the pump screen,
in the pump, in the fuel filter and possibly get into the carb, any of which
will reduce the fuel flow or shut fuel flow off.
        I've been through this and I pulled the tanks to clean and seal
them.   I also moved the pump into the trunk well and added a filter and
shut off valve before the pump.

        Stalling only in right turns is probably a float or fuel level
problem.  You need to check the float and fuel level and you should check
for any flakes in the fuel bowl or at the jets.

Ron Fraser