Tach trouble

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach trouble
From: "Brent Edinger" <banana111@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:30:31 -0700
OK, after 25 years of no working tach in the Tiger I have decided to get it
working. I have performed the work described on the Tigers United website and
hooked it all up. It's a Alpine 7000 rpm unit. I'm running a Crane Hi6
ignition box and optical trigger in the distributor. Turning on the key makes
the needle jump once.The needle jumps all over the place when running so I
unplugged it before the smoke escapes from all the components. Any ideas how I
can make this thing work?

                    Thanks, Brent Edinger B9471023