RE: Tach trouble

To: garywinblad@comcast.net, "'Brent Edinger'" <banana111@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Tach trouble
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:45:18 -0300
Gary, Brent, et al:

You guys are way beyond me on the technical aspects of this question,
but I installed an MSD Ignition set-up on my Tiger and they said I had
to use a Tach Driver module that plugs into the MSD to make the "old
style" electronic tach work. I did and it does (work) great!

The signal from the electronic ignition is too weak to drive our old
tachs.

Cheers,

Dave Munroe (photo to Brent and Gary)

Brent,
I was the one that came up with that capacitor technique.  It worked
fine for me and my MSD box.  Your results sound like Tom Hall got with
his fancy box (name escapes me).  I never could imagine why his didn't
work.  What I suggest now is to get Theo's kit that we designed to
replace ALL the old electronics.  It can work voltage (MSD and other
modern ignition boxes) or current (stock or Pertronix type) triggered
and is voltage and temperature stable.  I have installed it in both my
cars.
Gary