RE: Engine Date Code

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Engine Date Code
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:21:58 -0400
Steve and all

        I made a typo with my response.   "Sorry about that ....."
F21KA = 12/21/64   according to the decode I have.

I'm not sure the Rootes engine numbers has much to do with the Ford numbers
and the Rootes numbers are definitely not in the same format as the Ford
numbers.

My 260 was cast 4F27 = June 27,1964; build date 5A16B = Jan 16, 1965; Rootes
engine code F21KA = 12/21/64

F21KA shows up in TBON in March 1965 build date and mostly ends Oct 1965
with a few into Dec 1965.

It would seem to me that the Rootes engine number code has something to do
with the Rootes Purchase order for, or the Ship load, of the engines
received, but I can only venture a best guess. :)

Ron Fraser