still stalling

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: still stalling
From: "Richard" <rcsphx@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:26:14 -0700
Hi All,

I really need some help now!  Over the past 20 years I have owned just about
every British car from a Morris Minor pickup to a Jag XKE, and I have never
experienced anything like this!

My '67 Tiger MKII was running great untill about 3 week ago when all of a
sudden it developed a stalling problem on right hand turns only.  One Sunday
morning after I had driven about 5 miles... it just died on every right had
turn I made.  The car is pretty much original, original distributor.... etc.
only the carb has been changed.  I thought that the problem was fuel related
so I removed the tanks had them cleaned at the radiator shop. Blew out all the
lines, adjusted the floats on the Holley
Model 4160, 600cfm (this is a new carb I got from Rick in Nov of' ' 03), I
also called the Holley "help" line and of course he said it was definitely not
the carb, that if it were it would do it turning in either direction.  I also
installed a new SU fuel pump.

Took it out for a drive and same problem right turn dies. Went thru the
ignition system everything checked out, but I replaced the connection on the
coil and took it out again tonight.  For the first half hour it ran great no
stalling...then without warning on one of the busy streets I turned right.....
dies.  I can drive down the road and turn the car side to side and nothing
until I really turn it hard right, and it starts to stall, I can feel it
cutting out.  Got it home and jacked up the left side to see if fuel
starvation would occur, no effect.  Turned the steering wheel lock to lock,
thinking maybe something in the column was shorting out, no effect.  Took it
back out jiggled the wires under the dash, no effect.  Took if back out and
turned right holding the ing. key in the on position car would still die.  Got
the car home opened the bonnet and tried to move all the wires hoping to get
it to stall, but nothing.

So it seems like it is motion related but what could possibly cause stalling
only on right hand turns.  Does this sound like a fuel or an ignition
problem?

I don't know where to look from here. Does anyone have any ideas?  Any guess
would be helpful at this point.

Thanks.

Richard