Wheels and Tires

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wheels and Tires
From: "Randall Antosiak" <randya@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:59:47 -0700
Tires and Wheels -

I needed a new set of rims and tires, and went through a long evaluation of
the various options, including Minilites, Superlites, Panasports, etc.  I
ended up choosing 14" minilites with 195/65 Dunlop Sport A2 tires.  I
ordered the wheels from England.  I'm very happy with this combination.

The key points from this experience:
- choose rims AND tire sizes before buying so make sure they will fit
- pay attention to offset.  I wanted lots of offset on the front (wheels
closer to car),  and less on the rear to even up the track. The Panasports
don't give much options for offset; my recollection is that the Parasport
front wheels protrude out from the body.  Also, the rear panasports are
wider than the front.  This is subjective, but I didn't care for the look.
- You may have to bend some metal.  I had do to some minor bending around
the valence and rear tire well, but it is not noticable.

My Tiger (Picture thanks to Mark Olsen):
http://www.classictiger.com/pictures/PABM2004/P9120033.JPG

- Randy Antosiak