Re: Nitrogen Enbrittlement (acid manifold porting)

To: RMEbstein@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Nitrogen Enbrittlement (acid manifold porting)
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:13:44 EDT
You mention price/HP ratio and it is an interesting subject.  Hot Rod
magazine has done a few studies accepting the fact that a car will get faster
by
either increasing the HP or reducing the weight of the vehicle.   I think these
are both interesting exercises.  As I remember the most cost effective way they
found to reduce weight was putting in fiberglass racing seats for less than
$100.  Included in this study was considering and pricing composite body
parts....fenders, hoods, doors, bumpers, etc.  I think the most cost effective
method
they found when  considering price/Hp increase was installing a nitrous
system or for normal road use, a turbo.
Mark L.