RE: Different soft tops

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Different soft tops
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:01:27 -0400
Dave
        I believe the tops that fit poorly have the rear flaps too high so
they will not snap down and I also believe that the side drip rails did not
extend forward far enough.  There maybe other problems I'm not sure.

        The story related to me by Tiger Tom was that it took many years for
all the Sunbeam parts dealers, Tom, Rick, and Curt to get AMCO and I think
there was one other convertible top vender, Robins(?), to cut and sew the
tops correctly.   I believe it was late 70's or early 80's when they finally
convinced those vendors that their convertible tops for the Sunbeams were
wrong and did not fit correctly and the vendors finally made the correction.
I believe all the convertible tops on the market now are the correct fit.
Check with your parts vendor to make sure of this.

Ron Fraser