Re: Coil Springs

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Coil Springs
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:29:17 EST
Hi Theo,

I'm embarking on repairing (I'm not saying that misused word...restoring) my
first Tiger. I've have had Mustangs and currently own a Corvette.

Right now I'm a little confused with Tigers and their front suspension. So
far I know Dale has a 450# front coil spring and Rob Guerra has a 450# front
coil spring. All other things being equal will they ride the same and have the
same ride height? Also, it may have been an error, but Rob described his 450#
offering as the following "stock 450# and ride at 14.5" center of front hub to
the top of the fender lip." He also went on to say that he makes "rear leaf
springs roughly a 135# spring rate which translates into a slightly stiffer
spring than stock." Can you elaborate on his offerings at all?

I don't want my front end to nose dive, but I would like a sporty ride
without spending big money on a one-off (or two in this case) Griggs suspension
or
something along those lines.

What does the body of evidence say on Tigers?

Rodney