RE: Air cleaner questions

To: <arado7@sbcglobal.net>, "'Tigers'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Air cleaner questions
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:49:39 -0500
Gary
        Hammertone gray is the color.   If you need to paint yours; I
recommend you practice with this paint on some scrap metal first.    The
metal needs to be warm and stay warm while painting and drying to get that
hammertone finish.   I believe the metal needs to be around 80 degrees F to
get a good hammertone texture.   You will need to experiment with
temperature to get the same texture as the original Hammertone finish.

        The drivers side tube connects to the left side valve cover breather
cap; this is the larger diameter tube.

        The tube on the passenger side connects to the stock hot air pipe
system to the automatic choke on the carb.   It consists of a rubber hose to
a metal tube that goes into a hole at the bottom of the hot air stack which
is cast into the stock right exhaust manifold.   Another metal tube goes
from the hole at the top of the hot air stack to a fitting that screws onto
the choke assembly at the carb.

Ron Fraser