RE: turn signal

To: "'Scott Hutchinson'" <shutchin@netjets.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: turn signal
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:32:28 -0500
Scott
        I would start by checking all the wires and cleaning all the
connections in the left turn signal circuit.   Check all the wires for
continuity and do a wiggle test on the connectors and wires as you go to
make sure everything is in good shape.   Make sure all the grounds are good
for each bulb.   Make sure the bulb sockets are in good shape.   I would
also put some silicone grease on the cleaned connections and the bulbs to
eliminate corrosion at those points.

        A quick check for the left turn signal circuit would be to put swap
the input wires from the turn signal.   Put the right turn signal wire in
the left signal connector and put the turn signal on for a right turn and
see if the left side is working correctly.   If that works then the problem
is probably in the turn signal switch, which will need to be checked,
cleaned or maybe rebuilt.   Also check the right side powered by the left
side the turn signal to see of the problem really is in the switch.

Ron Fraser