Re:Why do we like them? {My Answer]

To: Bill Martin <tigerfixer@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re:Why do we like them? {My Answer]
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:05:33 -0800
Tigers,

Every once in a while I look at my 49 year old car in my garage and
ponder why I ever bought it, with all it's remarkable design oversights.

Then I read all the posts on the list and see my insanity is shared by a
lot on nice folks.

Then I see lots of hits on our http://www.TigersUnited.com web site, the
many links to it from other sites, the many references to the articles
it contains.

I read the eMail List, and see the active debates over history,
modifications, authenticity, and pure love on the enjoyment of driving.

I get it the car, start it up, and the "thrum" reverberates through my
pants seat.

I take it out of the garage, careful not to crank the steering wheel to
far over in reverse, and get on the street.

Again the physical feeling of the pressure on my seat back during start,
the increased force on pushing a little pedal,
and all the stares, and "thumbs up" I get in traffic.

My Alzheimer's syndrome is cured, and I KNOW why, as I chirp the wheels
on a shift.

Steve

--
-----