non-Tiger: Econoline brake caliper removal????

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: non-Tiger: Econoline brake caliper removal????
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:48:25 -0800 (PST)
I went to change the brake pads on our '97 E-150, the one vehicle for
which I don't have the shop manual. I figured it should be easy enough
to figure out, especialy when I looked at it and there were only two
bolts. I got the two bolts out but the calipers don't budge and I can't
see how they are supposed to come out. They seem to be mechanically
captured any way I look at it. I have to be missing something simple
and hoping someone out there can tell me what that might be.

Stephen Waybright