Tiger Rack from the Source

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tiger Rack from the Source
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:03:57 -0800
I am sure, by now, that everyone is familiar with Bill (William)
Carroll, author of "Tiger - An Exceptional Motor Car"

At Suni IV 7/2004, Park City Utah, Bill Carroll's original "Thunderbolt", the
original Shelby Tiger Prototype, was present, along with as assembler George
Boskoff, and Carroll Shelby.  This was after George's previously quoted
steering remarks.

Bill was kind enough to reply to the Tiger Ackerman Angle List issue with his
own personal knowledge, and was kind enough to permit it to be sent to the
list.  With his hands-on knowledge, being deeply involved at the time, he
replied: ---------->

"Hi Steve:

 This may help. Many years ago I did the front end of the prototype and (among
other bits and pieces)  replaced both tie rods. I'm not firm on their source
but a best guess is they were from an MG. Both were identical to the removed
original items and were not bent or altered in any way.

However, steering on the proto is awful and tire scrub will almost stop forward
motion when steering is cranked over. As George has often said, they just
didn't have time to upgrade steering.

 Best regards .... Bill Carroll ......."

--
-----