Shipping bulky items (was Re: Small single master cylinder)

To: Chris Hill <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Subject: Shipping bulky items (was Re: Small single master cylinder)
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:30:20 -0700
Contact shippers that are local both to the origin and destination. Our
company had an RF shielded room (in knocked-down form) shipped from San
Diego to Calgary on about two days' notice, for $600, and I hooked up
with the shipper through a local agency. This amounted to a couple of
pallets onto which a foot-high stack of 4' x 10', 1" thick particle
board, with galvanized steel cladding, was strapped. The total weight
was over 1000 pounds, but if you're shipping something in an enclosed
trailer, you really pay by the amount of floor area it consumes.

Best regards,
Theo