Re: Steering Wheels

To: RMEbstein@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheels
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:09:37 EST
Rodney,
To give you some idea for comparison of replacement or restoring...if you
have an original Alpine-Tiger wheel where the bakelite is typically cracked and
the wood needs refinishing, but isn't broken...it will cost you $300-400 to
have it restored.  I was going to go to an aftermarket wheel , but decided to
restore the original.  I paid $200 for a fantastic job of  restoring the
bakelite
and did the wood portion myself. I thought I would like an aftermarket wheel
better than the original, but am happy now that I went the way I did. Of
course, we all like something different.
Mark L.