Re: Tigers in Classic Motorsports

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tigers in Classic Motorsports
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 20:38:42 EST
A month or two back I purchased Classic Motorsports for the first time, the
one with the Lucky 7 on the cover. I read the editors column in the front and
it said they would be doing a Tiger project. I subscribed right then and there.
Quality magazine cover-to-cover.

Regarding the value of Tigers. I think their value is relatively low because
they made so few and most people have no idea they exist, they're considered a
distant cousin in the Shelby family of the Cobras and Mustangs. Also, they
may have an identity problem. Is it a British car? Is it a Ford? Is it a
Chrysler? Normally they're seen at British car shows and not the Goodguy's type
of
shows.

Lastly, how many 164bhp (stock, not including 2's) cars from the '60's hit
the $100,000 mark? Who would have thought Hemi Cudas would be worth the kind of
money they're worth.

I didn't buy my car as an investment, they're just fun to drive and pleasant
on the eye.

Rodney